From: Karl Haines <karl@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Increasing contributions and interest via personal project aggregation
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 14:54:07
1 Sounds like a good idea to me as well!
2
3 -----Original Message-----
4 From: Donnie Berkholz [mailto:dberkholz@g.o]
5 Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:45 AM
6 To: Gentoo Developers
7 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Increasing contributions and interest via personal
8 project aggregation
9
10 Hi all,
11
12 I'm sure I'm not the only one with a number of projects I'll never get
13 to, but I'd really like them to happen anyway. I suggest we create some
14 sort of page that aggregates all of these personal projects together, so
15 anyone can browse through them and look for stuff that sounds fun.
16
17 The goal is to increase contributions from outside by giving them a
18 ready list of projects of all sizes and difficulty levels to work on,
19 projects that go beyond what happens at Bugday. Further, it could also
20 help current Gentoo developers who are bored or have lost interest in
21 what they're doing by helping them to find somewhere new to contribute.
22
23 A prototype with just my projects is at
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dberkholz/proj/
25
26 Thanks for your comments!
27 Donnie