From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:13:10
1 On 08/14/2013 10:07 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:59:37 +0200
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> You're fundamentally misunderstanding how PMS and Gentoo development
5 >>> works.
6 >>
7 >> I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding. I think gentoo should
8 >> stop supporting downstreams IF supporting them means blocking
9 >> progress.
10 >
11 > What's this got to do with anything we're discussing? PMS isn't a
12 > "downstream". It's what the Council decided is allowed in the tree. Or
13 > are you suggesting the Council is somehow a downstream that is blocking
14 > progress? I don't follow what you're implying here.
15
16 I can't help you with that. I'm just saying what my opinion as a
17 developer is and that I will vote/push into that direction.
20 >>>> And their lack of time (to be polite) should not block general
21 >>>> progress in gentoo.
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>> Perhaps these basic notions of how Gentoo development works
25 >>
26 >> You certainly are not an authority when it comes to that question...
27 >
28 > Well no
29
30 exactly