From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] timezone and other moving rc variables.
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:37:42
1 On 23:45 Sun 15 Mar , Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > * You have an invalid TIMEZONE setting in /etc/timezone
3 > * Your /etc/localtime has been reset to Factory; enjoy!
4 > * Updating /etc/localtime with /usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory
5 >
6 > cat /etc/timezone
7 > TIMEZONE="EST5EDT"
8 >
9 > I can't figure out what this file wants. I've tried several settings
10 > and I don't seem to be able to get it right. (maybe a bug?)
11 >
12 > so maybe timezone-data should install the file with a default, and
13 > some examples. because updating documentation is always a good thing.
14 > It's getting hard to keep track of where things are moving to.
15 >
16 > like where I'm supposed to set things like EDITOR, and XSESSION with
17 > openrc moving everything around, could we please put these things in
18 > one place? /etc/env.d or /etc/conf.d? also could all the necessary
19 > files be created for us? I think this should apply to
20 > /etc/env.d/02locale as well. I don't see why this isn't created with
21 > some comments by default.
22
23 Because env.d isn't under CONFIG_PROTECT so your modifications to any
24 package-installed file are overwritten on every update.
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie
29
30 Donnie Berkholz