From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Weekly News Letter - "Where is Gentoo Linux 1.4"
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:18:12
1 On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:16:03AM -0700, Matt Thrailkill wrote:
2 > Why not go all the way and have prebuilt bzips for all the apps that come with a release? That'd be really nifty. Too much server space?
3 >
4 > On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:58:13 -0400
5 > Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > No page that I know of. It's just a set of prebuilt .tbz2 binaries for
8 > > big apps.
9 >
10 > --
11 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
12
13 What do you mean by 'come with a release'? Very little comes with a
14 release, just the base system.
15
16 By big apps I mean things like KDE and GNOME.
19 Jon Portnoy
20 avenj/irc.freenode.net
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list