From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Marking packages stable on x86
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:38:58
1 Since the acceptance of GLEP 40 and the creation of the x86 team, any
2 package maintainers that are not on the x86 team must make arrangements
3 with the team before marking their packages stable on x86. This is
4 stated right in the GLEP. We'll likely defer to the maintainers
5 judgement in the case that they use x86 and can test, but they must
6 contact us first so we can add them to our list of people that have made
7 arrangements with us. As far as I know, some of the other arch teams
8 work in this way, and the x86 team would like to as well.
9
10 I'm sending this email because I have seen some packages marked stable
11 on x86 without the permission of the x86 team, and would like the people
12 who can mark stable for x86 to contact us.
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Mark