From: Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] FYI: koutput/config-kernel should *NOT* be used/supported currently.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:26:26
1 Hey all,
2
3 Been busy with lots of other things, and dreading sending this anyway,
4 but I wanted to clear things up Re: the koutput/kbuild stuff that I'd
5 worked on to fix some problems previously related to 2.6 kernel build
6 issues.
7
8 Unfortunately, the fix that was 95% implemented, and had the beginnings
9 of code in the tree got ham-strung by a combination of kernel stuff
10 changing under my/our feet, and Real Life (tm) things coming in at just
11 the wrong time.
12
13 As a result, the kmod.eclass, and config-kernel have several problems,
14 and are only 1/2 implemented anyway. Sooo, don't use kmod.eclass. Just
15 don't. config-kernel i will be package.masking as well soon. I know
16 there are a few ebuilds out there that currently use kmod.eclass for a
17 few things. I'll be contacting those maintainers over the next few days
18 to address things with them, and get them sorted out with how to get
19 things working with 2.6.6 and newer kernels. If you get any bugs from
20 people complaining about such and such ebuild not working with koutput,
21 assing or CC me, and i'll deal with it. Thanks.
22
23 Sorry for any confusion folks.
24
25 -pete