From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The bindist USE flag and RESTRICT=bindist
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 15:23:43
1 On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > While discussing the issue in #-releng, it was also suggested that a
3 > news item should be prepared, to inform users that they cannot rely on
4 > USE=bindist. (They cannot rely on it already now, though.) Does it
5 > make sense to have a news item for this?
6
7 It's good that this was discussed with releng. Do they have a plan for
8 how they will implement this in stage building? I assume they will
9 want to set ACCEPT_RESTRICT="-bindist".
10
11 However, if we start adding restrictions like RESTRICT="ecdsa? (
12 bindist )", to base system packages (like openssl and openssh), that
13 'ecdsa' use flag will need to get turned off for stage building to
14 work.