From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:40:04
1 On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 04:32 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:20:18 -0800
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 > > No offense to anyone, but holding back hundreds of developers and
5 > > thousands of users for a handful of developers
6 >
7 > ...and how exactly are hundreds of developers and thousands of users
8 > being held back? So far as I can see, in cases where anyone really is
9 > being held back, the arch teams are quite happy to prioritise -- the
10 > people who go around moaning about 'slacker archs' rarely if ever
11 > actually have anything holding them back.
12 >
13 > If anyone has any examples of where they really are being held back and
14 > where they really have given the arch teams plenty of time to do
15 > something, I'd like to see them... Somehow I doubt it happens very
16 > often, if at all.
17
18 It happened several times during the 2007.1 release cycle. Of course, I
19 don't feel like wasting my time searching bugs to justify myself to you,
20 so if you're interested, feel free to search on your own. Pretending it
21 doesn't happen doesn't make it go away.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
27 Games Developer/Foundation Trustee