From: Virgil Dupras <vdupras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/fabric up for grabs
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 18:21:57
1 I'd like to last rite it but I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone
2 use this. This package was popular in its first incarnation (py2 only)
3 and I personally used it, but the v2 rewrite is really bad, doesn't
4 have a good migration path for v1 scripts, and there's no point in using
5 this over a simple bash script for new projects. As soon as the needs go
6 over a bash script, there are much better tools out there for the job.
7
8 With py2 going dark, if nobody uses its v2, there's no point in keeping
9 it around.
10
11 Unless someone is interested...