From: Joshua Hansen <culthero@××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer for Gentoo
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 04:21:44
1 I'm rather curious, will the installer allow for a full bootstrap type
2 install (I think it's called a stage 1 install)? Or will this only apply
3 to the stage 2/stage 3 installs?
4
5 On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 01:49, Meir Kriheli wrote:
6 > On Saturday 01 June 2002 00:31, Victor R. Prada wrote:
7 > > Hello Everybody
8 > >
9 > > As i told you last week i'm working in an installer for Gentoo. I'm
10 > > basing my work in thr Red Hat's installer Anaconda.
11 > > Today i test the first beta installer and it appears to be working. With
12 > > this installer we can detect hardware, make the system partitions,
13 > > create user accounts, configure timezone, etc
14 > >
15 > > After the installation process all that i had to do was an emerge rsync
16 > > and that's all.
17 > > I need to fix some details, but i think that for the next week the
18 > > installer will be fully funtional, later i will write an email to
19 > > everybody with futher technical details
20 > >
21 > > Thanks
22 > > Víctor Prada
23 >
24 > As I'm set to write one myself I'm interested to see it. The most important
25 > for me is the i18n abilities (mostly interested in BiDi - enabling to display
26 > Hebrew/Arabic in the installer).
27 >
28 > Have you given a thought to those issues ?
29 > --
30 > Meir Kriheli
32 > gentoo-dev mailing list
33 > gentoo-dev@g.o