From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] collab herd for cooperative pkg maintenance
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:03:05
1 On 2015-03-23 18:54, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Personally I think a tag in metadata to show that a package can be
3 > touched by others freely would be much more useful than having a big
4 > herd with a mix of packages that are not even related.
5
6 Sure, I'd just like to expose this status in a better manner for the set
7 of official and unofficial tools out there than having to grep the tree
8 or similar.
9
10 I'm fine with a metadata flag if people can agree on what that is as I'm
11 unsure if the previous discussion on that topic went anywhere.
12
13 > If people usually don't have time to fix the tons of packages that
14 > lacks a maintainer (and, then, they could also fix them without asking
15 > for permission), I doubt that new herd would get much real help :(
16
17 This isn't about unmaintained pkgs or asking for help. It's more an
18 experiment in non-territorial package maintenance.
19
20 Tim