From: Dewet Diener <gentoo@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-sources vs "stock" kernels
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:11:55
1 Hi all
2
3 I'm wondering what the general status of gentoo-sources is compared to
4 the more "stock" kernels, like vanilla and -ac? Is it being used in
5 production-class setups without hitches? I've had only one problem
6 with gentoo-sources so far, and it seemed to have been
7 grsecurity-related (random processes getting killed at boot time, from
8 init onwards), which disappeared as soon as I disabled it from
9 building.
10
11 I'm preparing to switch a RedHat production-class system over to
12 Gentoo, and have everything running in a chroot. The only thing I
13 haven't been able to test is the kernel...
14
15 Regards,
16 Dewet
19 Dewet Diener <gentoo@×××××.org> http://dewet.org
20 Professional Student, avid Gentoo user :)
21 Stellenbosch, South Africa (33º 55" 58.80'S 18º 51" 00.00'E)
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list