From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removals reply - please write adequate log messages!
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 19:35:17
1 Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2013, 14:53:19 schrieb Tomáš Chvátal:
2 > just to be sure here "Removals are completely up to the maintainer to
3 > decide", with expection of QA removal where the package must be
4 > already broken to get punted.
5 >
6 > If you as developers and users find some package useful you can retake
7 > the maintainership (or became proxy-maint) which also expects you to
8 > take care of the bugs (QA can prune it even if you take the
9 > maintainership but ignore failures [even if your personal feeling is
10 > that it is corner case, it is for QA to deicde]).
11
12 I agree 100% that we should not accumulate cruft in the tree and that removals
13 are necessary. Please however,
14
15 *** write meaningful log or mask messages *** !!!
16
17 "Old and uses IMake" is not really a reason for treecleaning. "Fortify crash
18 on start and unuseable on fast machines" definitely is.
19
20 Cheers, A
24 Andreas K. Huettel
25 Gentoo Linux developer