From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:25:44
1 On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 17:39, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 June 2004 05:36 pm, Edgar Hucek wrote:
3 > > You are right, the xbox is no real port. It's an pacthed x86 kernel
4 > > to boot on the Xbox and support the video output.
5 >
6 > which is why the developers i'm bringing on (yes, we have two atm who look
7 > like they should be coming in officially soon) will be working with:
8 > (1) a custom profile which is basically a copy of the x86 profile with a few
9 > fields tweaked for the xbox
10 > (2) adding ebuilds that are needed to 'support' the xbox but are open sourced
11 > in and of themselves
12
13 I think this is pretty much the point. We have no problem with adding
14 xbox-specific ebuilds to portage, but the release of an "official" xbox
15 "port" could hold Gentoo liable in breaking the DMCA.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
20 Gentoo Linux
21
22 Is your power animal a penguin?