From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Isn't FILESDIR *the* FILESDIR?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:18:57
1 On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 07:06:26AM -0500, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > I have a bug open, 81947, where a chap is saying that the message I
3 > display at the end of the perl install is pointing to some path
4 > under /var/tmp that doesn't exist. But in the ebuild, I'm just pointing
5 > the user to $FILESDIR/perl-cleaner, like we always have. On my boxes
6 > this gets displayed as /usr/portage/yada ('cept when its in the overlay,
7 > but you know what I mean). Anyone shed any light on which one of us is
8 > off their rocker?
9 The good news: Both of you are sane (I think).
10
11 The bad news:
12 I've seen this one before, but never during an emerge.
13 It's only been when messing around calling ebuild.sh while working on a
14 package. Doing 'ebuild ... clean' and then starting again solved it
15 fine. In most cases it looked like it tried to refer to the vardb tree
16 for the FILESDIR.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
21 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
22 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85