From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Migrating to a commercial PHP-based forums package for forums.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:50:11
1 On Sunday 28 September 2003 03:58, Sven Blumenstein wrote:
2 > Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > 2) Move to a commercial solution and keep all the posts.
4 >
5 > Uh... wouldnt this violate the Gentoo Linux Social Contract...?
8 What is depend. certainly ultradns is proprietary. but we do depend havilly on
9 it (more than on the forums). But as the data format is public, and access
10 does NOT depend on private software I don't see the problem. If the package
11 has a problem, we convert back into whatever we like. We would use the
12 software, not depend on it.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze