From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] config_eth0 deprecated - new name?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:49:56
1 On Wednesday 23 April 2008 23:01:38 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> writes:
3 > > On Wednesday 23 April 2008 21:46:18 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 > >> See my attached example from work, we use a lot of the various options
5 > >> on stuff.
6 > >
7 > > No, we won't support that. However, we will bring back ip ranges for the
8 > > last ocet like so
9 > > 1.2.3.4-10/24
10 >
11 > It looks to me as though you are intending to remove the capability to
12 > set up complex network environments.
13
14 No I'm not.
15 I'm making it easy for simple configs AND complex ones. Just not through the
16 same variable.
17
18 > [1] But in my opinion, the baselayout-1 /etc/net.conf syntax is better than
19 > that in baselayout-2. Though I have not yet migrated any of the systems
20 > with complex networking to baselayout-2.
21
22 Sadly, default scripts we ship have to work with shells other than bash.
23 Of course, you're still welcome to use config_eth0 as a bash array as that
24 still works and will for the foreseeable future.
25
26 Thanks
27
28 Roy