From: Jon Lech Johansen <jon@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:24:36
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:02:25AM +0200, Frantz Dhin (fd@×××××××.dk) wrote:
> Why are you carrying on this discussion here for-bloody-ever? There are > no lawyers here or noone even halfways qualified to have this > discussion, and you are certainly not one either.
As someone who has been deeply involved in copyright issues for the last 3 years, I'd say I'm halfway qualified to discuss simple copyright issues. I'm not a lawyer, but I have two.
> I do not see why you are so hell bent on complaining on behalf of > Microsoft and Apple.
I don't see any moral difference between violating Microsoft's copyright and violating Gentoo's copyright. As a Gentoo user I'm concerned about the Gentoo project engaging in copyright infringement. -- Jon Lech Johansen jon@××××××××××.org Stat sua cuique dies, breve et inreparabile tempus omnibus est vitae; sed famam extendere factis, hoc virtutis opus. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list