From: Wiktor Wandachowicz <siryes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: /etc/udev/rules.d nightmare - orphaned files in /etc
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:17:54
1 Sven Köhler <skoehler <at> upb.de> writes:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > i had some orphaned files in /etc/udev/rules.d. Namely 40-fuse.rules and
7 > 60-fuse.rules.
8 >
9 > The files were never removed, since they are protected - aren't they?
10 >
11 > So that is _very_, _very_ unpractical, because the older your gentoo
12 > gets, the more of such orphaned files you get.
13
14 Something similar (orphaned HAL policy preventing USB automounting) already has
15 bitten some users recently, including me:
16
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-518094.html
18
19 BTW, I really like the pace of changes in udev and hal. At least one can see
20 that the projects are live and kicking :-) That said, it would be nice if
21 portage/whatever took care of this so users wouldn't be forced to mess with the
22 udev and/or hal policies...
23
24 Regards
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list