From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Per package use flags?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:55:53
1 On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 03:27:58PM +0000, Svyatogor wrote:
2 > Are you really rebuilding mod_php and others so many time that you're
3 > tired to write USE=..... ? I guess the packages are not supposed to be
4 > reinstalled every now and then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get
5 > the point of the proposal.
6
7 Even if I didn't propose it, I'll answer:
8 If there's a package for which you need special USE flags, you have
9 for example to be careful that you don't re-emerge it by an
10 emerge -u world
11 because it would be built with the wrong flags.
12 If you had a file where you could save the exceptions from the rule,
13 it would be more consistant and comfortable.
14
15 Bye, Patrick