From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 1 (Was: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:44:40
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:21:16 +0200
2 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:41:01 +0100
4 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > * Remove automatic directory making for do*
6 >
7 > No
8
9 It masks all kinds of programming screwups. doblah should make a blah,
10 not make a blah and possibly make a directory.
11
12 > > * do* fail on missing files
13 > > * Phase changes: src_fetch -> src_unpack -> src_prepare ->
14 > > src_configure -> src_compile -> src_test -> src_install
15 >
16 > No to src_fetch
17
18 Why? It would be useful for CVS, SVN etc ebuilds. I'm not suggesting it
19 be used for SRC_URI things.
20
21 > > * src_test always called except if RESTRICT=test
22 >
23 > I don't think this would fit into EAPI, to me it's an implementation
24 > detail of the package manager, or why should the ebuild care about it?
25
26 It's the best way of ensuring that ebuilds have a working src_test.
27 Arch teams need this.
30 Ciaran McCreesh