From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Eclasses: postgres and postgres-multi
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:25:28
1 There are several ebuilds that repeat the same checks and need to
2 perform the same duties when it comes to working with PostgreSQL. For
3 example, making sure the users' currently slot is compatible with the
4 ebuild requirements. postgres.eclass addresses this and has
5 additional conveniences to build a dependency string and add a new user
6 into the postgres system group.
7
8 Additionally, as most of you are aware, we have a slot capable
9 dev-db/postgresql. There is some difficulty that needed to be resolved
10 so that extensions could also be installed into multiple slots, which is
11 addressed by postgres-multi.eclass.
12
13 I've an overlay at:
14 https://github.com/titanofold/titanofold-gentoo-x86
15
16 With the pgsql-eclass branch containing the eclass and a postgres-multi
17 enabled PostGIS.
18
19 Naturally, the eclasses work for me, so far.
20
21 For your convenience, I've also attached the eclasses.

postgres-multi.eclass text/plain
postgres.eclass text/plain