From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout redefines /etc/fstab]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 04:59:12
1 > > With your experience with the code you should know, would it be hard to
2 > > implement the file/directory duality that comes natively with reiser4
3 > > into the VFS? This way reier4 would only by you performance...
4 >
5 > I don't understand. The vfs doesn't care about these things.
6
7 Possibly a missunderstanding on my part. I do not know how it works at
8 such a low level, I am not a kernel programmer.
9
10 I was thinking that some of the features that comes with reiser4 doesn't
11 belong in the filesystem but at a higher level, on top of all
12 filesystems. Thus I drew the conclusion vfs was the right place.
13 1. The ability to open a directory as a file.
14 2. The ability to execute a plugin as a filter when opening a
15 file(/directory).
16 A layer in between?
17
18 > This seems to be way off topic now.
19
20 End of Thread. -John