From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 04:55:13
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:16:36 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
5 > > Wow, impressive.
6 > >
7 > > Actually, you can't be serious...
8 >
9 > I am.
10 > > GLEP 54 for quite some time now and it works very well.
11 >
12 > adds nothing to -9999 and sets usage as is.
13 > > I just don't see any benefit from your proposal, on the contrary
14 > > there are issues.
15 >
16 > No.
17
18 Yes.
21 > > And that includes the ordering.
22 >
23 > No.
24
25 Yes.
26
27 GLEP 54 is fine as is. Not one person has expressed approval at your
28 current proprosal, and many people from many different viewpoints have
29 expressed disapproval. Simplying saying "no" does not make these
30 criticisms go away.
34 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
35 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
36 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662