From: Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu@××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Policy questions - Adding USE flags and licenses...
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:02:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm Jeremy (eradicator on irc), and I was going through the dev quiz. I
4 had a few questions related to it, and seemant said I sould ask these
5 policy questions on here.
6
7 1. What's the policy for adding new USE flags to gentoo? I recently
8 came across this myself when putting together an updated ebuild for
9 squirrelmail which added anti-virus and gpg plugin options. There's no
10 'gpg' USE flag... ssl is "close" but doesn't quite fit... also there is
11 'clamav' for using clamav or 'oav' for using openantivirus.org, but
12 neither really fit for this package...
13
14 2. What's the policy for adding new licenses to licenses/? What if the
15 license is just for one specific package?
16
17 Those are pretty much the only questions I wasn't sure on. Thanks again
18 for the help (and an RTFM response would be great if you could point me
19 to it, but I don't see these discussed online...)
20
21 --Jeremy