From: Michael Hamilton <michael@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] You need to clarify install options.
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:51:14
1 Hi,
2
3 You web site needs to make your product offering clearer.
4
5 What I would like to see at you site is a more definitive description
6 of how to get a reasonably full installation - up front - without
7 having to read through FAQ's and without having to read-between the
8 lines. EG
9 1. Click here if you have a high speed link
10 blah...
11 2. Click here if you dont.
12 Buy full desktop-archive from these guys.
13
14 Neither you nor the cdrom vendors make clear whether their CD's have
15 a full snapshot - the Tux one seems to imply it is only a bootstrap
16 system - not a full desktop.
17
18 I just installed a minimal Gentoo system. And was looking at options
19 for getting bring it up to a full desktop system.
20
21 I don't have a high-speed link. I would consider buying a cdrom
22 if I knew it had a full archive on it. If Gentoo proves to be
23 a good distro, I would happily to consider purchasing a monthly
24 or quarterly full archive.
27 Michael