From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFD] Adopt-a-package, proxy-maintenance, and other musings
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:10:01
1 On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 22 Jan 2016 12:04, Alexis Ballier wrote:
4 > > On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:45:20 +0100 Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > > If I see a package that clearly doesn't build or otherwise simply
6 > > > doesn't work, could not have worked for past 3 years, are you forcing
7 > > > me to waste a time reporting a bug to no maintainer who could fix it?
8 > >
9 > > sure, don't waste your time and just delete it so that nobody can track
10 > > why it was removed or even attempt to fix it.
11 > >
12 > > > Because to me, the lack of any open bugs is a clear evidence that
13 > > > the package is not only unmaintained, but also unused.
14 > >
15 > > lack of open bug means there is no known bug; anything else is pure
16 > > supposition
17 >
18 > this. if anything, it sounds like i need to keep open a trivial bug
19 > for a package to keep people from wrongly proactively tree cleaning.
20 >
21 > the # of users of a package is irrelevant. if there are (real i.e. not
22 > "typo in message" bugs) open, then that's a diff story.
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Treecleaner/Policy
26
27 I tried to write the policy as clearly as possible, feel free to request
28 modifications.
29
30 -A
34 > -mike