From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bad bad supervise!
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:14:19
1 On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:30:03AM +1000, Aaron Blew wrote:
2 > Alright, I installed dict and such last night, finally rebooted today
3 > and am now seeing supervise dictd sucking up *looks* ahh! One of my
4 > cpus! Wonderful! Stunning! Why? ;)
5
6 Fixing this problem is pretty straightforward. For some reason, dictd
7 is continually being restarted by supervise. The problem isn't supervise,
8 it's that the script that's starting dictd is failing. This script is
9 at /var/lib/supervise/control/dictd/run and maybe you can find out why
10 it's failing and submit a patch.
11
12 Note: also, it is possible to modify the run script (add a sleep) so that
13 supervise doesn't try to restart it 1000's of times a second. That is what is
14 eating up your CPU. I hope this helps you look in the right direction for
15 a fix.
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>