From: A Schenck <lane_andrew@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 01:45:07
1 On 12/28/19 3:14 AM, Michael 'veremitz' Everitt wrote:
2 > On 28/12/19 11:05, Kent Fredric wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:35:09 +0100
4 >> Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hmmm, interested to hear what kind of things you're thinking about here.
7 >> A lot of the "Work" of filing a keyword request is modelling all the
8 >> consequential keywordings that have to take place.
9 >>
10 >> If there was say, a web based UI, that:
11 >>
12 >> - Automatically determined which packages are ready for stabilization
13 >> due to all their dependencies already being stable (and maybe with
14 >> automatic cooldown-from-testing detection )
15 >>
16 >> - Automatically determined which packages can be keyworded without
17 >> additional work due to all their dependencies being keyworded
18 > <snip>
19 >
20 > I know I'm gonna be shot down in flames, because $heresy, but here is where
21 > a package 'database' would actually work quite well, because you can
22 > trivially create a query that pulls this data out, and sorts it by package
23 > category or maintainer or whatever you like ..
24 app-portage/kuroo manages an SQLite database of packages without any
25 bash sourcing craziness, but defers to `emerge` to do the actual install
26 / uninstall work and parses stdout and stderr from it.  DB schema is
27 described at
28 https://sourceforge.net/p/kuroo/code/HEAD/tree/kuroo4/trunk/src/core/portagedb.cpp#l219
29 and there are queries for packages by category / subcategory, installed
30 / updateable status, and search string there.  Code to walk the main
31 tree from md5-cache and fill in those tables starts about
32 https://sourceforge.net/p/kuroo/code/HEAD/tree/kuroo4/trunk/src/core/scanportagejob.cpp#l135
33 .  Back before burnout there was some hope of porting it to a 'unified
34 portage API' that dol-sen wanted to build for other portage tools to
35 use, but that never came to fruition.  Most of this code is 15 years old
36 though, and I've only done the bare minimum to keep it working-ish as
37 portage and the tree have changed.
38 >
39 > Ok, let the flamewars begin ...
42 -A