From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make inotify a global USE flag?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:31:21
1 On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:33:50 +0100
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > ..using the mailing list as bugtracker?
5
6 No. In this context we are using the mailing list to discuss a patch
7 to a bug; this is completely normal use of the mailing list, you can
8 also see this behavior on other mailing lists, eg. the Linux kernel ML.
9
10 > I completely understand and agree that submitting a bug takes certain
11 > effort, sometimes too much for simple things.
12
13 All it takes is a single command line, check out PyBugz...
14
15 > I'm just ridiculing the fact that rules are chilling bugfixes.
16 >
17 > Maybe it inspires someone, even if it isn't following the rules for
18 > how to express opinion on rules.
19
20 If this bothers you so much, then please start a new separate thread
21 on it. Bringing this irrelevant matter to several threads is pointless.
24 With kind regards,
25
26 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
27 Gentoo Developer
28
29 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
30 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
31 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D