From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request to add ~> atom prefix operator on Portage.
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:40:35
1 On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 >>>>>>> On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>>> We consider 5.01 and 5.010 as equal versions.
6 >>
7 >>>> And do we still plan to keep them equal when we fix =*?
8 >>
9 >>> Yes.
10 >
11 > Makes me wonder. Are there even packages that still follow this
12 > format? I.e. one that shifts from 2 digit to 3 digit format where it
13 > intends to have the third digit as a subversion?
14
15 And I find it so wrong that it makes me think that it shouldn't have
16 been acknowledged by any packaging system. That versioning madness
17 should have been just fixed in the ebuilds level.