From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:08:26
On 17-06-2010 11:51, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:32:51 +0200 > Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote: >> I wouldn't feel to bad if Gentoo is widely recognized as the >> distribution with the most friendly community around in 2011. > > Wouldn't you rather it be recognised as the distribution with the best > product? >
When I read that, the first question that was raised on me was: - The best product for what, whom? We can't simply put all possible Gentoo applications and users in one bag. Is it really good to think on Gentoo as a product? Can we do like Apple and treat our users like crap while still making them use our product? *No!* Unless we provide locking, GNU/Linux users will always have a choice. That choice can be to join the Gentoo community, or leave it. - Angelo

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>