From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduction?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:47:22
1 On Wednesday 27 April 2005 11:55 pm, Jeff Walter wrote:
2 > I'm also working on a front panel interface that is extensible via Perl
3 > modules
4
5 what are you trying to do exactly ? if you just want to do splash-type info,
6 then you should try using 'lcdsplash' which i developed on my mipsel
7 Qube/RaQ2 and works nicely :)
8
9 if you're writing an interface which does something cool (like allows you to
10 read / handle the button presses with menus and crap), then i hope you're
11 doing something lower level than perl as a backend that way it can be used
12 with other applications (can you say GLI with a LCD interface !? :D)
13 -mike
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list