From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] webmin-1.110
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:50:13
1 On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 20:27, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Webmin 1.110 will be released in the next few days. If I'm too impatient
3 > to wait for an official ebuild, can I just copy webmin-1.100-r1.ebuild
4 > to webmin-1.110.ebuild?
5
6 Depending on the complexity of the ebuild, maybe. The only real answer
7 to that is to try. There are many applications where a version bump
8 requires nothing more than copying the ebuild with a new name. However,
9 there are also many packages which require a little bit of voodoo to get
10 them to work properly. I would test it and see if it works. If it
11 does, then I would file a bug stating that it works so portage can be
12 updated as quickly as possible.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Developer, Gentoo Linux
17 Games Team