From: bkhl@privat.utfors.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] speeding up emerge sync...and being nice to the mirrors
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:10:45
1 Stanislav Brabec <utx@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Once you download "official tar.gz" (you have to have identical bit image; or
4 > tar set - to be more patient to machines with few memory) and later download
5 > only incremetal deltas.
6
7 Wouldn't this still break pretty easily as soon as you change anything
8 in your local portage copy?
9
10 It wouldn't bother me since I use PORTAGE_OVERLAY for all that stuff,
11 but I understand that some people like to be able to put in temporary
12 changes in /usr/portage directly.
13
14 Also, you would have to deal with distfiles, which could of course not
15 be part of this tar.gz.
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list