From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] potential update world bug
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 03:37:57
1 Really a quickie to check if that was the misspelling in the email or in your
2 command:
3 did you do
4 emerge --update world?
5 ^^
6 or really "emerge update world" as you wrote?
7
8 George
9
10 On Wednesday 19 June 2002 18:13, Ryan Breen wrote:
11 > Greetings,
12 >
13 > I've been using Gentoo for the last several months, and I've noticed for
14 > the last month that 'emerge update world' after an 'emerge --clean rsync'
15 > never yields any updates. I currently have 75 packages in my
16 > /var/cache/edb/world file, and I have verified several occasions where
17 > rsync has noted an update to one of the packages that is not handled by an
18 > 'update world'.
19 >
20 > I have also verified that the packages were not masked and
21 > /etc/make.conf/profiles looked like it was setup properly for those
22 > packages. Manual calls to update those packages work fine. I noticed this
23 > with updates to xmms, avifile, pan, and kde (3.0-3.01).
24 >
25 > I've only begun to dig into this problem, but I was wondering if anyone on
26 > this list could give me pointers to likely causes, enlightening log files,
27 > etc that could trim my debug time.
28 >
29 > Thanks in advance,
30 > Ryan