From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Eclasses and EAPI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:13:40
1 Hi Devs,
2
3 I'm wondering whether it wouldn't make sense to require eclasses (or
4 strongly encourage) to include an explicit list of EAPIs it has been
5 tested for in order to ease testing when introducing new EAPIs.
6
7 We have seen some issues already with EAPI6 bump related to get_libdir
8 and people updating EAPI in ebuild without properly testing the
9 inherited eclasses. having a whitelist in place and die if eclass is not
10 updated to handle it solves it.
11
12 Thoughts? comments? cookies? threats?
15 Kristian Fiskerstrand
16 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
17 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3