From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] sword-module.eclass: update, extend, increment revision
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:19:21
1 On Sun, 2020-07-26 at 14:02 +0200, Marek Szuba wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > sword-module.eclass needs some changes, not in the least because it
5 > assumes versioned source files are uploaded directly to the Gentoo
6 > mirror network. The complete list of proposed changes is as follows:
7 >
8 > - add eclassdoc blocks;
9 > - add the optional variable SWORD_MINIMUM_VERSION to specify the lowest
10 > version of app-text/sword supported by the module at hand;
11 > - check if SWORD_MODULE is set and not null, and die otherwise;
12 > - change the default SRC_URI from mirror://gentoo to my Web space on
13 > dev.gentoo.org;
14 > - remove redundant declarations of HOMEPAGE and IUSE;
15 > - app-arch/unzip is now in BDEPEND rather than DEPEND;
16 > - as a consequence of the above, enforce the use of EAPI-7 in ebuilds
17 > inheriting this eclass;
18 > - remove redundant references to ${S} from doins() calls.
19 >
20 > A diff is attached.
21 >
22 > This is the first time I change anything other than documentation in any
23 > eclass so I would very, very much appreciate your comments. In
24 > particular, do we really need a revision bump? I initially decided to
25 > err on the side of caution because I would rather not have the SRC_URI
26 > change break all the app-dicts/sword-* modules, that said Portage
27 > usually (always?) queries Gentoo mirrors before attempting to fetch
28 > directly from SRC_URI so maybe it is harmless after all?
31 Please use git-send-email, so that we can reply in context without
32 jumping through hoops.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny