From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla handling for maintainer-wanted things
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:11:41
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I've been going through the EBUILD list at random and providing lists of
3 > things that need to be fixed before the ebuild can be considered for
4 > inclusion. The WONTFIX resolution along with a comment asking for the
5 > submitter to reopen with a fixed ebuild is used when problems are found.
6
7 Is it possible to leave these bugs in an open state? WONTFIX doesn't
8 seem the right tool for the job:
9
10 WONTFIX
11 The problem described is a bug which will never be fixed.
12
13 Often i believe the ebuild submitter is a different party than the one
14 who originally opened the bug. Also, an individual who fixes up an
15 ebuild to comply with the review could again be a completely different
16 person. Neither of these people can reopen the bug. My concern is that
17 you lose the ability to differentiate between bugs that have been
18 reviewed and don't yet have an updated ebuild and those which do when
19 doing a bugzilla query. My other concern is that closed bugs are not
20 searched by default when doing a simple query (like that on the submit
21 bug wizard) which makes them easy for users to overlook and leads to
22 duplicates.
23
24 Can I suggest REVIEW+ and REVIEW- keywords? :) When an updated ebuild
25 is submitted, the submitter could simply remove the REVIEW- keyword to
26 get the bug back in the to-be-reviewed queue.
27
28 I think this is a great idea btw. Thanks for taking it up.
31 --de.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list