From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentle reminder about ChangeLog entries on profiles
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 03:37:47
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:27:50AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> Most of the profiles under default-linux have a ChangeLog at the
4 >> architecture level. If you make *any* changes to a profile, you should
5 >> be putting your changes in the ChangeLog.
6 > Just wondering, any objections if we add ChangeLogs at the rest of the
7 > levels in profiles? Would esp. be useful for some of the more global
8 > changes.
11 Cough... Looks like one of the people at fault is me rationalizing kqemu
12 usage... ^^
13
14 Could be possible autogenerate the changelog out of commitlog and/or
15 have a precommit hook checking and warn if you don't change the correct
16 changelog?
17
18 lu
22 Luca Barbato