From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:52:18
On 17.6.2010 17.10, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Duncan, > > > On 06/17/10 09:56, Duncan wrote: >> DevRel is >> understaffed. I've seen observations to the effect that most developers >> aren't interested in getting involved in that area, particularly in >> reference to the conflict resolution subgroup > > when I offered to join DevRel last time in reply to a thread called > "Devrel needs new members" Petteri told me: > > "The amount of interest has surprised me so I'll first need > to talk with existing members to see how many makes sense to > train in at this point." > > I'm unsure if that refered to conflict resolution, recruiting or both. > Petteri? >
We had interest in all areas of DevRel operations. I know I am a bottle neck at the moment. I didn't actively seek this position but accepted nomination when asked to. Currently my priority are the three GSoC projects I am the project owner for. If other (older) DevRel members feel like training new members they are free to do so. Regards, Petteri

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>