From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] enable UTF8 per default?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:54:46
1 On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 13:50 +0100, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> [06/02/28 11:58 +0100]:
3 > > Enabling the unicode useflag in the profiles should help our
4 > > international users and should not cause any problems. Are there any
5 > > known bugs / problems this would trigger? Any reasons against that?
6 >
7 > It is enabled by default. At least on ppc.
8 As far as I can tell that's not the case on x86
9 > And that since,
10 > uhm, summer 2004?
11 Ok, so it should be quite well-tested.
12
13 > I can't say if there are any problems, as I didn't received
14 > a bug for a long time. The only thing that's nasty: we
15 > don't have any good utf8-fonts for the console.
16 I think that's acceptable.
17 --
18 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move