From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Blocking a specific package version
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:01:17
1 On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:49:49PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 Content-Description: signed data
3 > On Wednesday 20 August 2003 12:00, Patrick Kursawe wrote:
4 > > Hi there,
5 > >
6 > > what's the syntax for blocking a specific package version?
7 >
8 > the manpage for ebuild(5) should properly describe all the possible depend
9 > atoms and their prefixes/postfixes ...
10 > in this case:
11 > !=cat/pkg-ver
12
13 ... which would force to update the nvrec ebuild every time divx4linux
14 changes. I wanted to have something like !cat/pkg-ve* - like it should
15 work according to the manpage, but it just doesn't.
16 I now tried
17
18 =media-libs/divx4linux-20020418*
19 !media-libs/divx4linux-2003*
20 (in both DEPEND and RDEPEND)
21
22 which just makes nvrec downgrade divx4linux before it's installed, but
23 does not stop me from upgrading it afterwards (which breaks nvrec).
24
25 Perhaps I should let newer divx4linux block on nvrec as a workaround...
26
27 Bye, Patrick