From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:51:47
1 On Monday 01 of March 2010 22:24:56 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > For some reason beyond my understanding, we have the cups useflag
3 > enabled by default in profiles. This has started to generate circular
4 > dependencies, at least for desktop profile users (gtk -> cups ->
5 > poppler -> gtk). I propose we no longer enable the cups useflag.
6
7 poppler[utils] are just pdfto*sth converters, and they're most likely pure
8 runtime depedencies for net-print/cups. Could someone from printing herd
9 verify?
10 If so, then it's sufficient to fix cups dependencies (move poppler[utils] from
11 COMMON_DEPEND to PDEPEND) and problem solved.
12 If no, I can split off utils from poppler - with CMake it's effortless.
15 regards
16 MM