From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is the $Id$ line in our ebuilds still useful?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:26:21
1 >>>>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Dnia 2015-08-13, o godz. 19:13:06
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
5
6 >> If this is "a highly-requested feature" then some discussion or
7 >> other reference to it should exist in mailing lists. I can neither
8 >> remember nor can I find such a discussion.
9 >>
10 >> So, could someone please provide a pointer to when and where
11 >> keeping the $Id$ line was requested?
12
13 > Just to be clear, Infra did it and replaced all $Header$ with $Id$.
14 > Removing it right now without discussion with them would be wrong.
15
16 I guess nobody suggests to remove it without discussion.
17
18 Still, I'd like to see some evidence for the above claim that keeping
19 the Id was highly requested.
20
21 Ulrich