From: Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:52:10
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 06:34:32PM -0500, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o> said:
3 > > Yes. Here's a quote from Halcy0n (with his permission):
4 > >
5 > > Don't mistake me not getting involved for approval. I am just not going to
6 > > get involved in every single dev->dev disagreement, and certainly not when I
7 > > do not have all of the facts. I wasn't aware that every team leader was
8 > > accountable for how devs on their team behaved.
9 > >
10 > > This is not meant as a comment on Halcy0n's abilities as a team leader, as I
11 > > understand he has attempted to manage the issue but "reasonable effort" has
12 > > failed.
13 > >
14 > > So, my concern is: if the QA team can't manage its members effectively, should
15 > > they be entrusted with tree-wide powers?
16 >
17 > Since one dev so far has stepped "out of line", and this is by no means the
18 > only time it has happened, I don't see how this argument has any
19 > merit. If it becomes a pattern where all members of the QA team are
20 > causing problems, then I can see it as being valid.
21 >
22 > I don't think you will find one person that is going to say they are
23 > capable of changing how Ciaran interacts with people. This is an
24 > entirely different issue though, and I have talked to Ciaran about it.
25 > What I was saying above is that I am not going to go and get involved
26 > every single time someone has a disagreement. This situation has
27 > obviously grown to be ridiculous and I have had a talk with him about
28 > it, so he knows my feelings on the situation, and what I expect.
29
30 So you're saying it's ok to have one team member who steps out of line and
31 cannot be managed? Are all teams allowed that exception?
34 Renat Lumpau all things web-apps
35 C6A838DA 04AF B5EE 17CB 1000 DDA5 D3FC 1338 ADC2 C6A8 38DA
36 America - land of the free*
37 *Void where prohibited, restrictions apply. Cash value 1/100c.