From: Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:54:06
1 Hi Ciaran,
2
3 On 28-Mar-07, at 1:45 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > Do you acknowledge that Portage is a severe limiting factor when it
5 > comes to improving the Gentoo user experience as a whole?
6
7 I certainly don't think so. A lot of people *switch* to Gentoo
8 because of portage. Portage is a core part of our distro, and I don't
9 see it being replaced for a long time to come.
10
11 Of course that doesn't mean that it doesn't have its drawbacks,
12 certainly things can be done in better ways; but isn't that the case
13 with all legacy software?
14
15 Cheers,
16 --