From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:46:57
1 On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 12:57 +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
3 > > On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 01:37:15PM +0200, Markus Ullmann wrote:
4 > >> Okay, so after figuring out open problems (thanks to kloeri and various
5 > >> other people for help here), we now have a resolution that should
6 > >> satisfy all involved parties here. This should adress dostrow's demands
7 > >> as well.
8 > >
9 > > While I do think this proposal is much better than the previous
10 > > non-existing proposal, it still doesn't address the problem of having
11 > > the sunrise overlay hosted on a non *.gentoo.org address to make it
12 > > 100% clear to the public that it is unsupported.
13 > >
14 > > Regards,
15 > > Brix
16 >
17 > So, move it to this.is.unsupported.and.will.blow.your.box.gentoo.org if
18 > you feel it will help anybody. I feel it's completely irrelevant, but
19 > that's just me.
20
21 Your feelings aren't really the question here. The relevance of this
22 request has been established by the users who have responded to this
23 thread and have mentioned how they feel about things on *.gentoo.org
24 infrastructure.
25
26 In this instance, it isn't a matter of the developers opinions.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
31 x86 Architecture Team
32 Games - Developer