From: MAL <mal@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] distcc
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:54:15
1 This is a solved problem, but I thought i'd share it with you.
2
3 On my machine at least, distccd, (which was running as nobody), wasn't
4 getting the path to gcc, (as provided by sourcing /etc/profile.env).
5
6 This was resulting in remote compiles failing with: 'gcc: command not
7 found'.
8
9 This happens because distcc isn't being run in a login shell by
10 start-stop-daemon, and so /etc/profule isn't sourced, (as it is when you
11 login). On a side note, suing to root, didn't give me gcc either... I
12 had to add '. /etc/profile' to my root's .bashrc.
13
14 Anyway, to fix this I simply added '. /etc/profile' to
15 /etc/init.d/distccd, just before it starts distccd.
16
17 These dynamically pathed gcc's have caused me so many problems :/
18
19 MAL
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list