From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Issues with mplayer-0.18pre ebuild
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:51:46
1 fre 2001-09-21 klockan 00.35 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
2
3 > I am no .ebuild expert, nor mplayer, although it is the video player
4 > I use by default, but am prepared to hack the mplayer .ebuild a bit.
5 > All I need is some suggestions as how to handle the .conf file?
6 >
7 > Do we:
8 > 1) look for X in USE, if so make libSDL a required depend and install
9 > a .conf that use SDL for sound and video (since SDL can make use of
10 > accel and also autodetect the sound ...)?
11 > 2) if ! X in USE, assume that the framebuffer dev will be used and
12 > install a .conf accordingly ?
13
14 This might be one way of doing it. We can also install a default .conf
15 with all options outcommented in them and then the user uncomment the
16 stuff he wants.
17
18 Both these ways can be combined of course. To uncomment FB-stuff if X is
19 not in USE ...
20
21 Regards,
22 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
28 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden